Can predict with near certainty that you have ever got acne or you may get them at any stage in your lifetime. Based on statistics, acne affects about 85% of individuals at one point in their life.
In most instances, this condition induces blackheads, pimples or whiteheads.
Acne usually occurs on the face, the chest, the forehead, shoulders and the upper back.
What are the Causes of Acne?
There are numerous things that leads to acne but the most common are the ones listed below.
- Excess oil generation
- Hair follicles clogged
- Dead skin
Excessive activity of androgens.
Aside from the aforementioned causes, there are numerous other factors which can worsen this condition. The below listed factors may have some influence in preventing acne or even aggravating them.
- Hormones-especially androgens in teens can worsen acne condition.
- Diet-As the old expression goes, you are what you eat, there are certain sorts of foods that you can eat and eventually worsen the condition.
- Stress-When you are stressed, this condition is very likely to worsen.
- Certain medicines for example those that contain testosterone, lithium and corticosteroids.
Although there are a few conventional treatments that are highly effective in treating acne, a lot of them are related to negative side effects such as skin dryness, irritation and scar improvements.
For these reasons, most of the individuals have switched to natural home remedies to get rid of acne at home.
So, keeping this in mind I am going to explore the top 5 best natural remedies for acne.
1. Aloe Vera
This is only one of the most frequent natural remedies for several skin conditions. Aloe Vera contains some of the most effective properties which could help fight bacteria and reduce inflammation.
Aloe Vera is a standard tropical plant that when squeezed produces a very clear gel that’s effective in treating acne. There is limited studies on this but existing researches shows that aloe vera Vera is effective to a certain extent. One research proves that consistent use of aloe Vera can efficiently dry and remove acne.
How to use Aloe Vera for acne remedy
- To use Aloe Vera, make Aloe Vera leaves and squeeze its clear gel.
- Employ this gel onto the affected region by massaging in circular motions.
- For visible results, you ought to do it at least 2 times every day. Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV)
ACV is created by fermenting apple cider. The fermented apple cider has several properties which could help you in eliminating acnes for good. This product is well known for its ability to fight various kinds of viruses and bacteria.
ACV includes several organic acids that can kill acne. As a matter of fact, one research shows that CV Succinic acid is extremely effective in suppressing inflammation that’s brought on by P.acnes.
How to use ACV for acne
- Require some ACV and mix with water in the ratio of 1:3.
- Wash your face and wash it completely.
- Apply the mix and let it settle for some time before rinsing it off.
- For fast results, do this at least two times a day.
2. Tea Tree oil
Though there’s limited evidence that tea tree oil helps in treating acne at home, there are numerous testimonies from previous users. This essential oil has all the properties needed to fight bacteria.
It is also very popular in reducing inflammation.
One study demonstrates that if you employ 5% tea tree oil on the affected region, it can be extremely powerful in reducing acne.
- Mix water and tea tree oil in the ratio of 1:9
- Clean and dry thoroughly the affected region
- Apply tea tree oil on the affected area by means of a cotton ball
- You can apply a moisturizer if desired (Optional)
- Can it at least 1-2 times each day for noticeable progress.
3. Witch Hazel
Witch Hazel contains tannins and various other chemicals that may help reduce inflammation, fight germs and help dry the affected area. Considering all the properties, witch hazel can be used extensively for treating several skin conditions including acne.
There are several research (1, 2) conducted to ascertain the efficacy of witch hazel in curing acne and the majority of them agrees that it may help greatly.
4. Take fish oil nutritional supplement
Fish oil includes Omega-3 fatty acids which have amazing health benefits particularly in combating acne and several other skin ailments.
Studies reveal that most of the people do not get sufficient omega-3 fatty acids in their diet and that is why they are facing a lot of complications. This signifies is that taking fish oil can have significant influence in healing acne and several other skin conditions.